This Hot Honey Spicy Mango Margarita is the perfect summer drink. It's made with hot honey which adds the perfect amonut of heat to the sweet fresh mango puree that you'll shake with tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice. Pour this over ice in a glass rimmed with chili lime seasoning and you've got yourself the most perfect hot summer day cocktail!
This spicy mango margarita has just the right amount of spiciness which it gets from the hot honey. It gives you a hint, but does not overpower the rest of the flavors. The combination of the hot honey with the mango is one you will be coming back for!
A traditional margarita is made with tequila, an orange liqueur and lime juice and can be served on the rocks or frozen and in a glass rimmed with salt. This particular margarita recipe uses all those ingredients with a few delicious additions and is served on the rocks in a glass rimmed with tangy chili lime seasoning.
You may enjoy serving this delicious cocktail with Shredded Chicken Tacos with Roasted Pineapple Salsa, Easy Creamy Taco Soup or Mini Bell Pepper Nachos with Chorizo.
Why You Will Love This
- You will impress your friends. Not only does this drink taste delicious, but it looks so pretty, too! Make this for your friends and they will think you've become a professional bartender!
- It is so easy make. This recipe is so simple. You literally measure the ingredients into a shaker, shake it and pour it into a glass of ice. Easy!
- The spicy to sweet ratio. The mango and hot honey combination is so good. With just a bit of heat from the honey and chili powder on the seasoned rim combined with a generous amount of sweetness from the mango, it's perfect for sipping on!
- Mango: You will need chopped mango to make the mango puree and for garnishing the finished drink. Fresh or frozen and thawed ripe mango will work great.
- Sugar: Use the sugar to sweeten the mango puree. Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar if you prefer.
- Tequila: For this particular cocktail, we use a reposado tequila and we think it is perfect. You could also choose to use your favorite tequila variety.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice is going to give you the best flavor. If you must, bottled would work.
- Orange liqueur: We have chosen to make this with Cointreau which is an orange flavored triple sec liqueur. You could substitute an alternative orange liqueur, if needed.
- Hot honey: The hot honey is what gives this drink the perfect bit of heat. We prefer this hot honey, but you could substitute your preferred hot honey, or regular honey if you want to skip the spiciness.
- Limes: Use lime wedges to rim the glass with the chili lime salt and to garnish the finished cocktail.
- Chili lime seasoning: Use this to rim the glass and add a tangy, just a bit spicy flavor to the finished drink. We prefer this chili lime seasoning, but you could also rim the glass with plain salt, if you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make this spicy margarita. You will need a blender, a cocktail shaker and a small liquid measuring cup. For the full ingredient list and instuctions, see the recipe card below.
STEP 1: Place mango, water and sugar in the blender. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
STEP 2: Transfer mixture to a bowl or jar and set aside.
STEP 3: In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau, mango puree, and hot honey.
STEP 4: Fill the shaker with ice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds.
STEP 5: On a small plate, add about a tablespoon of the chili lime seasoning.
STEP 6: Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass you plan to serve the drink in.
STEP 7: Turn the glass upside down on the plate with the chili lime seasoning and slide the glass around unil the rim is fully coated with the seasoning.
STEP 8: Carefully fill the glass with ice.
STEP 9: Remove the very top of the shake lid and pour the margarita into the prepared glass.
STEP 10: Garnish with mango chunks and lime wedges dipped in the chili lime seasoning, if desired.
- Store extra mango puree in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- The recipe calls for 1 ounce of lime juice and that typically is the juice from one lime. This can vary depending on how juicy your limes are.
- For the prefect ice, buy a bag of ice from Sonic. It's great in cocktails..or any drink really!
- Be sure to strain the margarita from the shaker into the prepared glass. You'll want fresh ice for your drink.
A margarita is a cocktail that is made with tequila, an orange liqueur and lime juice and served in a glass rimmed with salt. While that may be the way to make a classic margartia, the number of variations is endless. Adding fruit and other flavors or liqueurs, makes this drink suitable for any palate. Margaritas can be served on the rocks or frozen.
Hot honey is honey that is infused with chilies. It's still very sweet, but has a spicy element to it as well. Hot honey is sold in varying degrees of heat and can be used in drinks or in food.
Yes. You can skip the tequila and replace the orange liqueuer with orange juice.
Other Recipes to Try
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
Hot Honey Spicy Mango Margarita
For the Mango Puree:
- 10 ounces mango chunks
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Margarita:
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- 1 ½ tablespoons mango puree
- 1 tablespoon hot honey
- Lime wedges, chili lime seasoning, and mango chunks for garnish
For the Mango Puree:
- In a blender, combine the mango, water and sugar. Puree until smooth.10 ounces mango chunks, ⅓ cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Margarita:
- Sprikle a generous amount of the chili lime seasoning on a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass. Turn the glass upside down and slide the glass around in the chili lime seasoning until the rim is coated.
- Carefully fill the prepared glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau, mango puree, and hot honey. Place the cover on top and shake vigourously for 10-20 seconds. Carefully strain the margarita into the prepared glass.1 ½ ounces tequila, 1 ounce lime juice, ¾ ounce Cointreau, 1 ½ tablespoons mango puree, 1 tablespoon hot honey
- Garnish with lime wedge and mango slices coated in chili lime seasoning, if desired.
Leave a Reply