Once you start eating this Pretzel Dip, you won't be able to stop until it's gone. There is something that makes this creamy dip hard to resist. A good reason is the fact that it has a few simple ingredients like bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese mixed in. A bunch of great flavors all in one bowl!
This irresistible dip recipe is a perfect appetizer to share with a crowd and I bet there won't be any leftovers! This is truly one of the best dips!
This easy pretzel dip recipe can be eaten with soft pretzel bites or pretzel sticks but one of our favorite ways to enjoy it is with these pretzel crisps because they are best for scooping up as much dip as you can! Any pretzel size or shape will do though!
This is the perfect cheesy dip to bring to a party or to have on hand for snacking and will soon become one of everyone's favorite dips.
If you are looking for more appetizer recipes, try a great recipe like: Sweet & Savory Pretzels, Apple Cheddar Crostini or Oven Baked Zucchini Chips.
Why You Will Love This
- It's creamy. This recipe calls for heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese. These all help to create the creamy, delicious texture for this tasty dip which makes it a favorite snack for many!
- The bacon. Cooked and crumbled bacon is mixed in and it adds the best flavor and really takes this perfect dip to the next level.
- The sharp cheddar cheese. The sharp tang of the salty cheddar cheese pairs well with the cream cheese, bacon and green onions.
- It's easy. The great thing about this cheesy pretzel dip is that it is made in one bowl and takes about 5 minutes. Super quick and simple!
- Heavy whipping cream: Half and half or milk would work, but the heavy whipping cream adds a bit of a richer flavor.
- Mayonnaise: Full fat or light works well with this recipe.
- Worcestershire sauce: My favorite is this one, but any brand will work.
- Horseradish: There isn't much horseradish in this, but it adds a great hint of flavor. If horseradish isn't your favorite, you could leave it out.
- Garlic: I like to use minced garlic in a jar for convenience, but 1 clove from a head of garlic would be equivalent to the ½ teaspoon of minced that the recipe calls for. You could also use about ¼ teaspoon garlic powder in place of the fresh garlic.
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese: Sharp or mild cheddar would also work, but the extra sharp add a more pronounced flavor. You could also do a mix of different cheeses based on what you have on hand.
- Cream cheese: Use full fat or ⅓-less fat for this and be sure it is at room temperature before trying to mix it in with the other ingredients. To do this, take it out of the refrigerator about an hour before preparing the dip.
- Green onions
- Hot sauce
Step by Step Instructions
This might be the easiest thing you've ever made. You only need one bowl.
STEP 1: Put the softened cream cheese, whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir this together well.
STEP 2: Add the bacon, cheese and green onions. Stir these in to combine. Place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- This great dip is best after it has had time to allow all the flavors to meld together. I like to make it the night before I plan to serve it, but giving it several hours in the fridge works too.
- Save a few bacon crumbles and sliced green onions to sprinkle on top.
- Double the recipe to ensure you have plenty. It goes fast!
Yes. This recipe can easily be doubled and it's actually a good idea to do so. This dip goes so fast!
While this is best with salty pretzels, you could also dip crackers, fresh veggies, tortilla chips, or potato chips in this and it would be delicious. I've also spread it on bread and made little tea sandwiches. Soft pretzels would be great for dipping too!
Storing and Freezing
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezing this dip is not recommended.
Other Recipes to Try
The two ingredients that were leftover after making this flavorful dip were green onions and heavy whipping cream. Check out these recipes to use up those ingredients:
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp horseradish
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worschestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, and garlic. Stir to comibne.3 ounces cream cheese, softened, ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream, ⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, ½ teaspoon horseradish, ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- Add bacon, cheese and green onions. Stir to combine. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving with your favorite pretzel shape and size.3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled, 1 ½ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
Dangerously delicious! And we agree---best with pretzels.
Dangerously delicious is the perfect description for this dip. Glad you enjoyed it!
You are right. Double the recipe; you’ll need to…
could you bake this?!
I'm so sorry, but I have not tried this warm. I like the sounds of that though! I don't see why it wouldn't be great baked. Let me know if you give it a try!
Can you tell me what hot sauce to use? There is a variety at the store and I want the one specifically used in the recipe to ensure it melds well. Looks delicious.
I ususally use Frank's Red Hot or Tabasco. There's only a little bit in there and it adds just a hint of flavor and heat, so whichever you choose will be great!