Once you start eating this Pretzel Dip, you won't be able to stop until it's gone. There is something that makes this dip hard to resist. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it has bacon, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese mixed in. This Pretzel Dip is a perfect appetizer to share with a crowd and I can bet there won't be any leftovers!
My mom has my grandma's recipe box with many old, sometimes very interesting, recipe cards stuffed in it. I love to browse through those recipes and find something to try. I chose to make a recipe called Ellen's Dip because I just happened to have all the ingredients at the time. The dip ended up being pretty good and I saved the recipe to make it again.
I don't know who Ellen is, and I'm not sure if my grandma did either, but I really hope she doesn't mind that I've modified her dip recipe a bit! This version of the dip is better and I think it's best with pretzels. I've decided it should just be called Pretzel Dip. Sorry, Ellen! We've eaten it with soft pretzel bites and pretzel rods. We prefer these pretzel crisps because they are best for dipping! Any pretzel size or shape will do though!
- heavy whipping cream
- worcestershire sauce
- extra sharp cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- green onions
- hot sauce
How to Prepare Pretzel Dip
This might be the easiest thing you've ever made. You only need one bowl.
Start by putting the cream cheese, whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, and garlic in your bowl. You will want to be sure to stir this together well. Next you will add bacon, cheese and green onions. Stir these in to combine. That's it!
This is best after it has had time to allow all the flavors to meld together. I like to make it the night before I plan to serve it, but giving it several hours in the fridge works too.
Using Leftover Ingredients
The two ingredients that were leftover after making this dip were green onions and heavy whipping cream. Check out this recipe to use up your green onions:
To use the leftover heavy whipping cream, you might want to try this recipe:
- ⅓ cup cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worschestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, and garlic. Stir to comibne.
- Add bacon, cheese and green onions. Stir to combine. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving with your favorite pretzel shape and size.