These Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips are made with creamy peanut butter and packed with chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips. They are made with six simple ingredients and do not contain any flour. The tops of the cookies are covered in mini chocolate chips and peanuts which gives these chewy cookies great flavor and the perfect amount of crunch!
These flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are chewy and crunchy, which makes them just perfect! If you want a perfect cookie recipe that is packed with peanut butter flavor with some chocolate chips mixed in, this cookie one is for you!
The best part about these flourless cookies is that there are only six ingredients that you probably already have lying around. All you need is a bowl, a mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer will do!) and a cookie sheet.
Since these cookies are made without flour, they are perfect for someone who eats a gluten free diet.
Why You Will Love These
- They are easy to make. With just a handful of easy ingredients that you probably already have, you can make these cookies in just about 25 minutes. It's truly one of the easiest cookie recipes!
- The peanuts and chocolate chips. There are chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips in the cookie dough and then also pressed into the tops. This detail is what sets these cookies apart from traditional peanut butter cookies. Every bite is packed with both of these great treats!
- They are chewy. The texture of the cookies is perfect. Chewy on the inside and a bit of a crunch from the peanuts and chocolate chips mixed in and on the tops.
Here are notes about some of the ingredients needed to make these flourless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or at an online retailer, like Amazon.
- Peanut butter: I think creamy, or smooth, peanut butter works best for this because you are adding in chopped peanuts to the dough. If you have crunchy peanut butter, that would work too.
- Baking soda
- Egg: You will need one whole large egg and one egg yolk.
- Peanuts: I like to use finely chopped dry roasted peanuts. They add the perfect texture and the right amount of saltiness.
- Chocolate chips: Mini semisweet chocolate chips work great in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make this simple recipe for delicious flourless peanut butter cookies. For the full ingredient list and instructions, see the recipe card below.
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
STEP 2: In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, egg and egg yolk. Mix on low until thoroughly combined. (You can use a hand mixer here or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.)
STEP 3: Add peanuts and chocolate chips and continue to mix on low until thoroughly combined.
STEP 4: Use a small cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, to place dough balls on one of the prepared baking sheets. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to chill dough for 10 minutes.
STEP 5: In a small shallow bowl, add the remaining peanuts and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
STEP 6: Remove the dough balls from the refrigerator. Working with one dough ball at a time, firmly press it into the peanut and chocolate chip mixture, slightly flattening the dough ball. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
STEP 7: Place prepared dough balls, about 2 inches apart, on the second prepared cookie sheet. Bake cookies in the prepared 350°F oven for 11-13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here are some tips for making these flour free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies perfectly every time:
- Be sure to let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before pressing the dough into the peanuts and chocolate chips. This helps the dough firm up a bit so you can press the toppings in without totally smashing the dough ball.
- Cool cookies for at least two minutes on the cookie sheet. They will be very soft if you try to move them off the baking sheets before allowing them to cool down.
- Serve these warm with a tall glass of cold milk for the perfect treat!
Yes. Crunchy, or chunky, peanut butter will also work for this recipe.
Yes. You could use regular sized semisweet or dark chocolate chips for these. Milk chocolate chips would work, but will be much sweeter.
I have made these with natural creamy peanut butter and regular peanut butter and both work great! You might try making these with your favorite nut butter, like almond butter.
Storing and Freezing
Store baked flourless chocolate chip peanut butter cookies in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze baked cookies or prepared dough balls in an airtight container or zip top bag for up to 3 months. Thaw baked cookies at room temperature. Bake frozen dough balls at 350°F for 11-13 minutes.
Other Recipes to Try
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips (No Flour)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts, divided
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, egg and egg yolk. Mix on low until thouroughly mixed and smooth.1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk
- Add 2 tablespoons peanuts and ¼ cup chocolate chips. Mix on low until evenly distributed.½ cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts, divided, ½ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Using a small cookie scoop, or tablespoon, place dough balls on a baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining peanuts and chocolate chips in a small bowl.½ cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts, divided, ½ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Working with one dough ball at a time, firmly press the tops into the peanut and chocolate chip mixture, coating the tops with the mixture. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 11-13 minutes or until just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.