This Simple Smoked Salmon Dip is the perfect way to elevate your appetizer game and impress your guests with minimal effort. You are going to love this one!
With a blend of tangy Greek yogurt and creamy cream cheese, it's the ultimate balance of flavors and textures. The addition of fresh cucumber, sweet cherry tomatoes, sharp red onion, and fragrant dill weed bring a refreshing twist to the savory and smoky salmon, which is really the star of the show!
This creamy, smoky and utterly delicious dip is one that pairs perfectly with crackers, chips, fresh baguette slices, or veggies. It is perfect for dinner parties, cookouts or a casual afternoon snack at home.
For more appetizer recipes try my The Best Oven Baked Zucchini Fries, Creamy Veggie Dip with Sour Cream and Crispy Shallots or Pretzel Dip.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It's a crowd pleaser. This delicious and easy smoked salmon dip is perfect for so many different occasions. Bring it to parties, potlucks or anytime you need to feed a group of people. The combination of the smoked salmon, tangy Greek yogurt and creamy cream cheese, along with tht e fresh veggies and dill weed creates a flavor explosion that everyone will love.
- It is easy. Even though this recipe tastes gourmet, it's actually incredibly simple to put together. Just chop the veggies and salmon and mix it with the greek yogurt and cream cheese. This is a great recipe for anyone who does not want to spend hours in the kitchen but wants something tasty!
- It is healthy. With the use of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, this dip is a healthier option that still tastes amazing! The fresh veggies and salmon provide a boost of vitamins and nutrients too! You can indulge in this dip without feeling guilty.
Here are notes about some of the ingredients needed to make this perfect appetizer. All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or at an online retailer, like Amazon.
- Cream cheese: You will use an 8-ounce container of whipped cream cheese.
- Yogurt: Use plain Greek yogurt. I like to use the nonfat variety, but full fat would work just as well!
- Salmon: Use 4-ounces of smoked salmon chopped into small pieces. I like to use the everything bagel seasoned smoked salmon that my grocery store has for even more added flavor.
- Tomatoes: You will use chopped cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Cucumber: Mini seedless cucumbers are going to be best.
- Onion: Use grated red onion for flavor that does not overpower.
- Dill: You can use dried dill weed or fresh dill, if you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make this creamy dip. For the full ingredient list and instructions, see the recipe card below.
STEP 1: In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Stir well to combine.
STEP 2: Add the salmon, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and dill weed to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well to combine.
STEP 3: Cover tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Serve with bagel chips, potato chps, fresh veggies or an assortment of crackers.
Here are some tips for making this tasty dip.
- Don't forget to plan ahead and allow this dip some time to chill in the refrigerator before serving. The flavors need some time to meld together. An hour or more is recommneded for chill time before serving.
- Spread this dip on pieces of fluffy white bread and cut into triangles for little tea sandwiches or smear it on a fresh bagel!
- After mixing in a medium sized bowl, transfer to the serving dish you plan to use, cover tighly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
- Garnish with fresh dill, fresh chives or sliced green onions.
Yes. Smoked trout or any other type of smoked fish would pair well with the other ingredients in this recipe.
Yes. Sour cream would be delicious in place of the Greek yogurt. Sour cream will add the same great flavor and a few added calories, but will work well.
Absolutely, in fact it's recommended. The flavors need some time to meld together, so making this at least an hour ahead of time is going to be best.
Storing and Freezing
Store this dip in the refrigerator, covered tightly in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
Freezing is not recommended.
Other Recipes to Try
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
Simple Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon grated red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and yogurt. Stir well to combine.8 ounces whipped cream cheese, ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Add the salmon, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and dill weed. Stir well to combine.4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped, ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped, 2 mini cucumbers, chopped small, 1 tablespoon grated red onion, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Allow dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Serve with bagel chips, potato chips, crackers or fresh veggies.