These Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary are perfectly golden brown and crispy. They are roasted with parmesan and fresh rosemary which is a perfect flavor combination. This easy side dish is perfect for your holiday meal!
Serving crispy and flavorful roasted potatoes alongside your main dish is always a good idea! With the parmesan and rosemary, these are sure to impress.
The fresh rosemary tastes great, smells amazing and feels so very festive. This would be a great side dish to serve for your family holiday meal. A bowl of these at the dinner table won't last long!
For more delicious side dish recipes, try: Pear, Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnut Salad, Crispy Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips, or The Best Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Salad.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- They are crispy. These crispy potatoes are roasted at a high temperature and get the most perfect golden brown and nice crisp edges. Stirring them halfway through roasting allows them to crisp up on all sides. The texture of these potatoes is really the best thing about them!
- The flavor. Parmesan cheese and rosemary are a match made in heaven. Combined with the olive oil, garlic powder and the potatoes, this flavor combination is one that is hard to resist!
- They are easy. This perfect side dish has a few simple ingredients and even fewer steps. Anyone can make this easy recipe and it would be a great way to get little hands involved in the kitchen!
Here are notes about some of the ingredients needed to make these parmesan potatoes . For the full ingredient list and instructions see the recipe card below.
- Potatoes: Red potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks will work best, but you could use russet potatoes if you wanted.
- Olive oil: A good quality olive oil is always going to be your best bet and will provide the best flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: Grated parmesan cheese works great and coats the potatoes nicely.
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary is best for this. It will provide the most flavor and color.
- Salt & black pepper
- Garlic powder
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make this parmesan roasted potatoes recipe. You will need a medium sized bowl, a large baking sheet and parchment paper.
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 2: In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes and olive oil. Stir well to fully coat the potatoes in the olive oil.
STEP 3: Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to coat the potatoes.
STEP 4: Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Spread them out in an even layer with as much space as possible.
STEP 5: Roast potatoes in the prepared hot oven for 30 minutes, stirring them halfway through.
STEP 6: Remove them from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Try to cut potatoes into uniform shapes and sizes so they roast evenly.
- Be sure to line your baking sheet or you will have potatoes stuck and a mess to clean up! If you don't have parchment paper, use aluminum foil.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and/or flake salt, if desired.
- Be sure to spread the potatoes out in a single layer so they have space to get crispy.
- If rosemary isn't your favorite, try other fresh herbs like thyme or fresh parsley.
- Try seasoning with 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning in place of the fresh herbs.
I really recommend using fresh rosemary sprigs for this. I think it provides the best flavor. If you don't have access to fresh rosemary, you could substitute dried rosemary. I would use 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary in place of the fresh rosemary.
You can roast pretty much any potato, as they are all quite tasty. For this recipe, I would say red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes would be best.
There is no need to peel the potatoes before roasting them. The red potatoes have a thin skin that is actually full of nutrients. All you need to do is thoroughly wash the outside of the potatoes before cutting them.
Storing and Freezing
Store cooled leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, warm them in the microwave or pop back into a 400°F oven or air fryer until heated through.
Freezing is not recommended for this recipe.
Other Recipes to Try
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh roasemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment peper.
- Place the potatoes in a medium sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to fully coat potoates in the oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer.
- Bake in the prepared 425°F oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, unitl golden brown and crispy on the edges. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply