Don't snooze on this caramelized shallot and bacon goat cheese pizza. It's very simple to make and has the best combination of ingredients. Top the pizza crust with tender spinach, caramelized shallots, crisp bacon, and creamy goat cheese. After the pizza comes out of the oven, you will drizzle the top with sweet honey to really bring all the flavors together. This pizza is one that you will want to make for all your pizza nights to come!
This caramelized shallot and crispy bacon goat cheese pizza is perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight because it comes together so quickly. Leftovers are great warmed up, or cold from the refrigerator, so it also makes a great lunch too!
If you are looking for more easy lunch and dinner recipes, try my: Easy Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza, Turkey Pesto Sandwich or Double Layer Beef Taco Cups
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- The flavors. The delicious caramelized shallots add a salty, crunchy and subtly sweet flavor, while the tangy goat cheese is both savory and creamy. Topping those two ingredients with crunchy and salty bacon makes the most wonderful flavor combination and one that you will want more of!
- It is simple. This pizza is so simple to make because you are using a store bought pizza crust. Preparing the bacon and shallots takes just a few minutes and then all you are left with is assembling and baking. Super easy!
- The honey. I think the best part about this pizza is how the honey drizzled on top compliments all the ingredients together so nicely. The sweetness from the honey is the perfect addition to the other salty ingredients.
Here are notes about some of the ingredients needed to make this pizza recipe. All of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or at an online retailer like Amazon.
- Olive oil: Use a good quality olive oil for the best flavor.
- Butter: You could use either salted or unsalted butter for this.
- Shallot: You will use two shallots that will be sliced thinly.
- Pizza crust: For this pizza, I like to use a Boboli original pizza crust. This would really be good on any pizza crust you prefer, either store bought or homemade fresh pizza dough.
- Spinach: Use fresh baby spinach. If you aren't a fan, feel free to skp it!
- Bacon: I like to use thick cut, crispy cooked bacon for this pizza. You could use prosciutto or pancetta in place of the bacon, if you prefer.
- Goat cheese
- Honey: Use regular honey or hot honey. Using hot honey adds a bit of heat that really is a great addition to the other flavors in the pizza.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make this delicious goat cheese pizza. For the full ingredient list and instructions, see the recipe card below.
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 450°F.
STEP 2: In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the shallots and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
STEP 3: Transfer shallots to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
STEP 4: Place your pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
STEP 5: Brush the crust with olive oil, making sure to brush all the way to the edges of the crust.
STEP 6: Top the crust with the ingredients in this order: spinach, goat cheese, shallots, and bacon.
STEP 7: Drizzle about 1 more tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the pizza and then bake in the prepared oven for 11-13 minutes.
STEP 8: Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle with honey before slicing and serving. Serve with additional honey for drizzling.
- Cook the bacon and shallots ahead of time for easy and quick assembly.
- Serve with additional honey and crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Line your pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Top with some fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- Instead of the honey, try a balsamic glaze drizzled on top.
- Give the pizza a sprinkle of flake salt and freshly ground pepper after baking.
Absolutely! Using store bought pizza crust is strictly for convenience. Homemade pizza dough would be great! This pizza is delicious on both thin crust and thicker crusts too!
Yes. You can make any size pizza you prefer. The ingredient amounts in this recipe would also fill three individual 7-inch crusts.
Yes. Caramelized onions would make a great substitute for the shallots. I would use one medium sized sweet or yellow onion and follow the same instructions for the shallots.
Storing and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container or zip top bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Place the pizza on a plate, cover with a paper towel and heat in the microwave until heated through.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight container or zip top bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and heat in the microwave until heated through.
Other Recipes to Try
Don't forget to leave a star rating below! This helps both me and other readers! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss what Hey, Snickerdoodle is up to!
Caramelized Shallot and Bacon Goat Cheese Pizza
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ pound bacon, cooked crisp and chopped coarsley
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter until melted. Add the shallots and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer shallots to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 shallots, sliced
- Place pizza crust on a round pizza pan or baking sheet.1 12-inch pizza crust
- Brush about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the crust. Layer the ingredients in this order on top of the pizza: spinach, goat cheese, shallots, and bacon.1 cup baby spinach, 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled, ½ pound bacon, cooked crisp and chopped coarsley
- Drizzle the top with about 1 more tablespoon of olive oil before baking in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle with honey before slicing and serving. Serve with additional honey and crushed red pepper, if desired.2 tablespoons honey
Leave a Reply